The National Association of Commercial Building Inspectors and Thermographers ™
"The ultimate test of the value of any membership organization lies in the accomplishments and success of its members"
is the premier trade association providing opportunities, training and resources for Corporations, Government Entities, Organizations, Associations, Businesses, and Building Inspection & Thermal Imaging professionals across North America. NACBI is unique and can play an important role in assisting you in achieving your goals and strengthening your business and individual growth. Membership means access to NACBI's networking community. When excellence and growth matters, then membership in NACBI is a wise investment to make. Once you become a member, you will be joining one of the strongest associations in the nation - and helping to make it even stronger.
NACBI is your key resource for:
- Building professional relationships
- Networking with peers
- Sharing and accessing information and resources
- Developing and enhancing your individual skills
- Sharing your experience and expertise
- Gaining a competitive advantage
- Increasing business opportunities
NACBI members are today's and tomorrow's leaders in Commercial Building, Home Inspection and Thermal Imaging professions.
Members follow and adhere to government, banking, insurance and nationally accepted guidelines such as ASTM International for Property Condition Assessments and Infraspection Institute Standards of Practice for Infrared Thermal Imaging Inspections to name a few. (See our Industry Standards & Guides
Many of the following have benefited from the services of NACBI inspectors and thermographers:
- Commercial Property owners – commercial maintenance inspections and property condition assessments (PCA)
- Commercial Property Net Lease Occupants (also known as Commercial Triple Net Lease) – commercial property inspections and condition assessments (PCA)
- Commercial Property Investors (or Investment Groups) – commercial property inspections and condition assessments (PCA)
- Commercial Property Realtors and Brokers – commercial property inspections and condition assessments (PCA)
- Commercial Engineering and Architect Firms – commercial infrared thermal imaging services including roof scans, electrical assessments, and heat loss assessments
- Commercial Construction Commissioning Agents – commercial infrared thermal imaging services including roof scans, electrical assessments and acceptance testing, and heat loss assessments
- Individual or Business Commercial Property purchasers – commercial property inspections and condition assessments (PCA)
- Government and Law - Expert services in Building Science and Thermography.
Types of commercial real estate that would benefit from an inspection or property condition assessment performed by a Board Certified NACBI commercial building inspector or commercial infrared thermal imaging thermographer include:
- Apartment Buildings
- Automotive Repair Centers
- Retail Stores
- Bars, Taverns, Pubs
- Car Dealerships
- Churches & Meetinghouses
- Equestrian Facilities & Stables
- Firehouses & Police Stations
- Fitness Centers
- Funeral homes
- Hotels, Inns, Bed & Breakfast's
- Institutional facilities (schools, colleges, prisons, etc)
- Industrial / Manufacturing facilities
- Medical & Pharmaceutical Labs
- Multi-family Buildings
- Office Buildings / Complexes
- Professional, Medical & Dental Offices
- Retirement Homes & Senior Centers
- Schools & Daycare Centers
- Seminary & Cathedral
- Shopping Centers
- Working Farms
A note from our Executive Director:
In your career as a commercial building inspection professional and/or thermographer you strive to improve your skills every day with the array of services you provide. You assist/consult with clients and property owners during major decisions, problem solving, and adjustments from today’s and yesterdays building standards and codes. Membership in NACBI can help you do it all. At every stage of your career – from start-up to seasoned professional – NACBI will help you be your very best.
Join NACBI Today ─ It’s Where You Belong!
Maximize your potential ─ Professional Development
- NACBI offers FREE business and ethics consultation SEVEN days a week with a guaranteed 72 hour inquiry response time by proven and highly successful professionals with a PERSONAL TOUCH.
- NACBI Career Services not only provides information about careers in commercial building inspections and/or thermography, you will also gain access to inspection jobs through our state-of-the-art networking.
- Business Resources - NACBI offers a variety of books and online courses specific to general business practices.
Stay Ahead of the Learning Curve ─ Education
- The NACBI Education Center features a treasure trove of programs that provide continuing education.
- NACBI Online Learning and podcasts provide professional development courses designed to help you fulfill your ethical responsibility to stay current in the field.
Make an impact on the commercial building inspection and thermography professions of tomorrow ─ Advocacy
As an NACBI member, you’re part of a powerful force. NACBI is a highly effective advocate for commercial building and thermography surveys and inspections. We lead the charge on every contemporary issue facing our professions and keep our members abreast of the latest information on legislation or codes that directly affect our chosen professions and those that we serve.
Proud to be a commercial building inspector and/or thermographer - Credibility
Name recognition: To be recognized as an NACBI member brings a wealth of prestige and credibility. By stating you are a member of NACBI on your business and marketing materials assures those you serve that you are committed to your profession, and that you adhere to the NACBI Code of Ethics.
Expand your connections – Networking
As an NACBI member, you have access to numerous networking opportunities and a wide range of resources guaranteed to keep you in the loop professionally.
Wait, there’s more - Discounts
- Members receive exclusive discounts on all NACBI resources and services, as well as discounts from outside organizations.
- NACBI has created partnerships with industry leaders in thermography training, tools and equipment, thermal imagers, and much more! As you can see, membership in NACBI can save you time and money; provide you with professional development and continuing education opportunities; provide prestige and credibility, and increase your network of commercial building and thermography professional contacts.
Join NACBI today by connecting to www.nacbi.org or www.nacbi.com and click on the “Join Now Button” and proceed to becoming an NACBI member.
Join NACBI Today - It’s where you belong!
Best wishes for your success,